What is IV vitamin therapy?
Today, the demand for holistic and natural remedies is on the rise. In order to meet this need, IV vitamin therapy has been gaining popularity in recent years. What exactly is IV vitamin therapy? It is a treatment that delivers healthy vitamins and minerals intravenously into your bloodstream through a needle. This type of treatment can take anywhere from five minutes to one hour depending on what you are getting injected with. The most common form this treatment takes is called PICC line infusion which stands for peripherally inserted central catheter line infusion (https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/picc-line/about/pac-20468748). Other treatments include rapid infusions or slow infusions which vary in how quickly they deliver nutrients to your body as well as other factors such as their side effects and cost effectiveness.
It has been used for decades to treat conditions like chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, and multiple sclerosis (MS). The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has found IV vitamin therapy to be safe when administered by trained professionals in appropriate settings. At SATS Urgent Care we offer this effective method of treatment to help improve your health with lasting results.
What are the benefits of IV vitamin therapy?
Doctors and health care professionals have been using IV therapy to help patients suffering from a variety of ailments. The most popular form is vitamin C, which increases the immune system’s ability to fight off infection and helps reduce pain associated with conditions such as fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. Some people use it simply to boost their immunity when they’re feeling ill or when they want an extra energy boost during flu season.
Another popular treatment is glutathione injections, which has shown promising results in treating cancer-related side effects like nausea and diarrhea and it improves your skin. Glutathione is a detoxifying supplement that also works well in conjunction with chemotherapy because it lowers the body’s level of oxidative stress caused by these treatments while simultaneously reducing inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract so that food can be digested properly.
IV vitamin therapy is a treatment that can help boost your immune system and give you extra energy. It uses vitamins and minerals given intravenously to provide the body with essential nutrients it may be lacking, such as iron for people who are anemic or calcium for those who have osteoporosis.
This type of therapy has been found to reduce hospitalizations by up to 50 percent. So if you’re feeling under the weather, IV vitamin therapy might be just what you need. In addition, if you’ve been diagnosed with a chronic illness, such as fibromyalgia, IV Vitamins may be the solution for your fatigue. IV vitamin therapy is great for: Hangovers, Migraine Relief, Illness, Energy, Jet Lag, etc. And the boost in stamina from our B12 injections is perfect for Wedding Parties, Sporting events and even Marathons.
Is IV vitamin therapy safe?
Many people are hesitant to try IV vitamin therapy because they are unsure about the safety. However, it is important to know that this treatment has been used for decades and is actually one of the safest types of medical treatments available. There have been no reported cases of any side effects from this type of treatment in over 30 years!
The decision to start IV vitamin therapy can be overwhelming. You might be wondering if it is safe and effective, or if you should just take a pill instead. Here are some important questions you should answer before starting your treatment:
- Is it safe? Vitamin IV therapy has been FDA approved and is considered a low-risk treatment. However, everyone should consult with their medical provider to ensure that this type of therapy is appropriate for them. You may have other conditions or medications which prevent you from starting an infusion without risks. If there are any concerns, the healthcare team at SATS Urgent Care are highly trained and qualified in treating patients.
- Will it work? There are several factors that can prevent the IV vitamin infusion from working, such as: not following the treatment plan and taking your vitamins orally instead. If you’ve been eating healthy meals without supplementation or have other medical conditions which affect absorption in your digestive system, then an intravenous injection might be more effective than oral treatments. IV treatment also cuts down on the number of pills you must take over time and keeps your immune system strong.
- Will it be painful? The process is painless and simple. Even if you’ve never received an IV infusion before, the SATS Urgent Care nurses will ensure that you feel comfortable during your treatment. Many patients fall asleep due to the calm environment, massage chairs, and the 70″ flat screen tv to watch your favorite shows/movies on!
- What are the risks? The only risk associated with IV vitamin therapy is an allergic reaction to one of the components used in your treatment. This rarely occurs, but if it does then our pharmacists will immediately stop infusion and consult you on how to proceed. Our SATS nurses are trained professionals who take all necessary precautions when administering treatments at our location.
- How long does it take? Our treatment requires less than a day of downtime, usually 1-2 hours depending on how fast your body absorbs the IV infusion, and in most cases, you can resume your normal activities right away. Moderate exercise is okay but avoid strenuous activity for 24 hours after treatment.
- What kind of results should I expect? We all have different dietary and lifestyle habits so the effect on each patient’s body varies accordingly. Some patients see an increase in energy almost immediately while others see positive results with continued use.
- How long does the effect of treatment last? Treatment has a cumulative effect on your body so you may see an increase in energy and stamina after several sessions. Many patients find that their benefits are lasting even after they stop coming for treatments, but this varies by individual as well!
- How much does it cost? Treatment plans start at $99.00 and we offer $15 off each Concierge IV for groups of 3 or more.
All of our ingredients are FDA approved and come from the purest sources. Our treatments have no side effects, minimal downtime (if any) and are allergen free. You can get your next vitamin treatment at SATS Urgent Care today!
We are conveniently located in The Village of Town Center just off I-16 on Dean Forest Rd. You can call us at 912-964-CARE or visit our website at www.satsurgentcare.com for more information about our services today! Also visit The Hydro Bar website: www.thehydrobar.com